Study In Singapore
- Singapore's multicultural society is composed of four major ethnic groups: the Chinese (76.8%), Malays (13.9%), Indians (7.9%), and Eurasians and smaller minority groups (1.4%). The variety of religions is a direct reflection of the diversity of races living here. Singapore's principal religions are Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, and Christianity.
- Study in Singapore has been ranked no.1 in attracting top-flight global talent in a first-ever study of economies with a population of fewer than 20 million, conducted by the Swiss-based International Institute for Management Development (IMD). This makes Singapore the ideal breeding ground for talent and education, due to which leading universities across the world have set up international campuses in Singapore, offering international degrees at almost half of the overseas tuition fee.
- More than 6,000 companies from around the world have set up base in Singapore, thus students often find it possible to build lucrative careers here after completing their education. Singapore has been consistently ranked as one of the most competitive nations and best place for businesses in the world.
- Singapore envisages to becoming a “Global Schoolhouse” offering a diverse and distinctive mix of educational services in a safe, cosmopolitan and comfortable environment. Singapore is the premier education hub in Asia. The island's strong reputation for quality education has drawn the world's top institutions to set up campuses in Singapore.
- Unique is the word that best captures Singapore, a dynamic city rich in contrast and colour where you'll find a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture. A bridge between the East and the West for centuries, Singapore is located in the heart of fascinating Southeast Asia, continues to embrace tradition and modernity today.
- Tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living in Singapore is still significantly lower than of many developed countries. With Singapore's tradition of meritocracy talented students who need financial assistance can find the help they need in form of scholarships and study loans.
- Singapore is well connected via sea, air and telecommunications to all parts of the world. It is fairly close to India encouraging students to visit home during every academic break.
- More than 7000 Multinational Corporations (MNC) alongside 1,00,000 small and medium enterprises (SME) have set up their base in Singapore, with many choosing Singapore as their regional hub and launch pad to dynamic markets of Asia. Singapore offers limitless career and networking possibilities to global citizens keen to apply their talents to the opportunities that can be found there.
- Singapore Education is a multi-government agency initiative launched by the Singapore Government in 2003 to establish and promote Singapore as a premier education hub and help international students make an informed decision on studying in Singapore. This initiative is led by the Singapore Economic Development Board and supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, SPRING Singapore, International Enterprise Singapore and the Ministry of Education.